GearHeads Corner
November 15, 2018, 07:40:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are the pulley/gear tooth profile definitions stored and how do I edit ?  (Read 194 times)
dfs

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2018, 09:26:05 PM »

Where are the pulley/gear tooth profile definitio ns stored and how do I edit them.
The Web page alludes to this being shown in the 'Attached Video' I just don't see it.
I can't find it in the PDF manual although my search terms could be wrong.

So how do I get at them and tweak them to match my actual belt profiles.
The fact is it's probably the Chinese belts that are 'Wrong' but if I'm making the pulleys
I presume it's just as easy to buy a lifetime supply of belts so they all match each other and build the pulleys to match.

Marc Christens en
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 09:47:28 PM »

Hi Mark:

The profiles cant be edited, they are internall y defined as to the specs I have for each
pulley type. The gears are done using the involute math and have nothing stored as a profile.

You could use Vexx to rotate a profile to make a gear if you know the various radii
and such. You can extrude it in vexx as well once created with a circular array.

Art
dfs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 11:08:35 PM »

So did the original program have the ability to edit the pulley tooth profiles?
I could swear I saw how to do it once...
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 07:10:16 AM »

Nope, I dont think You ever could. The profiles were always rows of numbers in an internal database. I dont think Ive ever given access to them.

Art
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: