GearHeads Corner
December 13, 2017, 03:23:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First cut with new Maslow CNC  (Read 152 times)
Mooselake

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2017, 04:19:41 PM »

I needed something to test my newly construct ed roller chain drawbot style 4x8' CNC machine.  What better than an 8" diameter Gearotic gear?  The tabs worked perfectly Smiley  Otherwise I think mine still needs some more calibrati on, and the firmware (under active developme nt; it's complicat ed math, a servo made with brushed essential ly winshield wiper motors with worm gear reduction and an 8192 count optical encoder)  is still a work in progress.  It's within a sixteenth tooth to opposite tooth, not so much for the circle spokes. Otherwise, well, it's a Charlie Brown Special.

It's on the new wall of shame, at least until that wall of my long talked about 20x24' shop space gets insulatio n and drywall.  Can't wait until the 4' diameter kinetic sculpture .

Kirk

* BigGearTest.jpg (142.7 KB, 640x664 - viewed 35 times.)
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 02:27:39 PM »

looks like a bit of backlash going on..  but progress is happy none the less.. Smiley

I too have been busy this summer, so Im just starting some cnc'ing for a ticker project Ill post soon hopefully .
My deck is resurface d, side projects almost all done.. Hope to get back at it all shortly.

Art

Thanks, have fun,
Art
Mooselake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 06:24:16 PM »

The sled the router is mounted on it too light and rocking back and forth.  I hope to make a better one tomorrow, after browsing (what moose do 😀) the lawn with the rzt54.

If it worked right the first time everybody would be surprised, although that one was pretty sad

Kirk
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 08:38:21 PM »

Yeah, cant count how many bad visual starts Ive had on various machines startup.. . Keep at 'er....

Art

Thanks, have fun,
Art
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: