GearHeads Corner
August 23, 2017, 10:27:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Metal Flourish  (Read 44 times)
marklazarz

View Profile WWW
« on: August 12, 2017, 06:58:14 PM »

Not much woodworki ng or CNC going on in the summer because I have to take advantage of the weather to do things outside, like welding.  My wife frowns on me bringing welding equipment into the house, especiall y in carpeted rooms.  I recently purchased a scroll attachmen t for my metal bender and made my first project which looks remarkabl y similar to something that Art's flourish module would generate.  Definitel y not random but a nice flourish that will enhance the look above our pantry sliding doors.  Photos show the generatio n and resulting flourish hanging on a shepherd hood while the paint is drying.  Please forgive this post if off topic, just thought it might be fun to see what people do when they take a break from "Gearotic".

Mark

* IMG_5449.JPG (587.88 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 15 times.)

* IMG_5455.JPG (954.4 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 18 times.)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:15:21 PM by marklazarz » Logged
BobL
Gearotic Motion
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 08:48:36 AM »

Mark;

Flourish looks awesome,  I'm sure it will enhance the look of your pantry doors. Anyhow glad to know I'm not the only one that keeps his wife frowning. .
Thanks for sharing, nicely done.

Gearotic Motion
Bob
Mooselake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 11:40:04 AM »

Mark, what kind of metal bender do you have?  Looks like I may have some new shop space to fill soon.

glad to know I'm not the only one that keeps his wife frowning. .
Me, too  Smiley

Kirk
marklazarz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 06:48:31 AM »

Mark, what kind of metal bender do you have?  Looks like I may have some new shop space to fill soon.

Kirk

It's an el-cheapo Harbor Freight bender.  The fancy scrolls are done with their scroll attachmen t usually not available in-store, you have to order on-line.  Do you have Harbor Freight stores way up there where the cold air comes from?

You have shop space to fill?  I wish I could buy "shop space" but that would involve real estate which ain't gonna happen.

Mark
Mooselake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 09:02:49 AM »

Nearest Horror Freight is a couple hundred miles south.  I've written them several times about how many people would frequent one here.  They always write back and suggest ones 500+ miles away in Detroit or thereabou ts.  I save the coupons and use them on trips or the occasiona l online order.

We've slowly downsized our livestock to a horse (looking for a good home for Josie) and just cleaned about 40 years worth of junk out of one end of a 24x48' barn after putting up a wall (wrong order).  A new floor, some insulatio n, a stack of drywall.. .  Need to fill it with something, the Maslow looks lonely.

Kirk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: