GearHeads Corner
June 04, 2020, 12:48:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: models and samples  (Read 1092 times)
Stojan

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2017, 03:38:18 AM »

Hey G'day folks,

Is there a reason there are no examples/models with the Gearotic install or have I perhaps missed them?

eg a sample clock nothing extravaga nt a geartrain or somesort, and the downloads section has nothing on offer either?

Is this deliberat e or the managemen t of such too much of a pain to bother with.

This is not a criticism more a question as to why not?

The new website I absolutel y love it but would love it more if you could download a file of the project that is being discussed, tutorial files. Smiley I know for the lazy that want to skip the intro and get to reading the summary at the end Smiley

May I be so bold as to suggest this be added to Gearotic install or perhaps be considere d for the new website?

Cheers and avagreatd ay
from the colonies downunder .

ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 08:23:53 AM »

Hi Stojan:

There are a few samples files of various types, youll find them in the \GearData folder off the main root of the install.
Size is the usual issue with samples, I try to keep the install small for download and samples take a great deal of room
depending on the type. There are a few .vcp files ( form the vector processor module) and a sampel Clock file for gearotic.

We'll note the request though, and try to fit in a few more, and refresh the ones we have, its been a long time since
I visited the issue.

Thx
Art
Stojan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 06:09:04 PM »

Hey Art G'day,

Thank you for the courtesy of a reply,

I must say its a pleasure reading whats going on in the forum and your attitude to your work is exemplary . Its a rather rare thing nowadays to see people as dedicated to their work/hobby.
I don't participa te much and age is catching up or should I say has caught up. Its a long way from me being a young fellow being taught about computers in primary school how they occupied whole buildings to seeing the magic of today and being able to design clocks and mechanica l wonders on my own pc.

I wonder sometimes whatever happened to that boy.

Thank you for such a wonderful applicati on Gearotic.

Stojan
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 09:01:34 PM »

Stojan:

I sometimes wonder what happened to this boy as well. Smiley
Thanks for the kind comments.

Art
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: