GearHeads Corner
December 13, 2017, 03:35:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kinetic Confusion  (Read 611 times)
marklazarz

View Profile WWW
« on: January 22, 2017, 01:10:35 PM »

Still strugglin g with the kinetic module.  I brought in a kinetic wheel from a DXF file, mirrored it and attached counter-rotating motors to each.  The mirrored wheel ended up on a separate layer and when I started the simulatio n, only one wheel turned.  I then copied one of the wheels to the first layer, attached an appropria te motor, turned off the second layer and ran the simulatio n.  This is what I intended.  Question - if the wheels are on separate layers, why won't they both move during simulatio n?  I am attaching the relevant files to this post.

* Wheel1.vcp (81.43 KB - downloaded 31 times.)
* Marks-Kinetic-Wheel-1.mech (53.74 KB - downloaded 36 times.)
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 08:59:21 PM »

Hi Mark:

I suggest all relevant items be on one layer. The program actually has a simulator
that is separate on each layer. Only the simulator on the selected layer runs though.
  You may find the sim of vanes better if you attach only 1 motor to attach to both vanes,
but of course there can be reaons to add one to each as well.

After importing a DXF, Id select all the items you wish to simulate an duse the
layer menu item to move them all to the one layer you intend to sim.

I know its all kinda flakey in selection s.. poor processor just wasnt originall y designed
to handle all that data. This may be a case of a recode to make a better gui for all the
vector stuff in the off season, but I do suggest you use only 1 layer when trying sim's.

Im still cleaning up various items so it will get easier, but I do think it may be
 a case of nbeeding its own gui so I may separate it out to its own program in
the end.   

Art

Thanks, have fun,
Art
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: