GearHeads Corner
December 13, 2017, 03:44:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virus Warnings  (Read 1804 times)
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 07:18:19 AM »

I find that of most of them now, virus scanners seem to simply say " I havent seen that often enough, so its a virus.". Its getting
to a ridiculou s level. Ironicall y its happening as it gets harder and harder to actually get a virus due to Windows security. Most of
them have gone down the "heuristic" road where they guess if its a virus or not..whic h of course leads to the "better safe than
sorry" way they decalre something off limits now.
   I use Microsoft s protectio n.. never seem to get trouble, but then Im pretty carefull as to what I open..

Art

Thanks, have fun,
Art
Stojan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »

Like I said before most virus authors depend on people not being attentive . You know the I am assuszuu the clever my uncle died last year leaving me millions, I need help to get my millions out of the country for this help I will give you half of my fortune my 4 wives and 20 children, please click on this link to help.

Nothing will jump out and attack you until you press the "I wonder what this does" button.

Many years ago and I do mean many... I was asked when commissio ning a network, which was the best virus protectio n and anti hack system I could recommend .

I still contend to this day you can't beat this system.

No floppy access, no usb access no network access offline operation only.

But wheres the fun in that.
Mooselake

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 01:20:43 PM »

I am assuszuu the clever my uncle died last year leaving me millions, I need help to get my millions out of the country for this help I will give you half of my fortune my 4 wives and 20 children, please click on this link to help.
Can I skip the wives and get my pick of the kids?  If so, count me in...

Interesti ng article (put on your tinfoil had first) that towards the bottom discusses how the CIA reportedl y exploits virus scanners.  Perhaps Art could pick up some tricks to get rid of the annoying false alarms.

Kirk
DanL

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 04:05:33 AM »

As the saying goes of course they do, if not them it's someone else, A lot of people forget how WW2 was won.

Over here they say what they do and no one realy cares.
Stojan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 08:52:50 AM »

As the saying goes of course they do, if not them it's someone else, A lot of people forget how WW2 was won.

Over here they say what they do and no one realy cares.

Just read the article, no surprises there really. Being the insignifi cant peon that I am I have nothing to worry about. Apart from my making the Obituary one day, that's about all the fame I will have in newspaper appearanc es.

But we the people voted and we the people allow them to do so.
DanL

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 03:35:59 AM »

If they did not and if they could do it but just did not do it and something bad happened they will get their arse handed to them, Me I hope they do it.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: