GearHeads Corner
August 23, 2017, 10:33:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help with them bevels  (Read 2164 times)
sharkipe

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2016, 04:03:06 AM »

Gentlemen, I am new to the forum and gears. Just purchased Gearotic 2 and I struggle with bevels right from the start. It appears that I am the thickest person on earth. Every time I  "create" any bevel gear and press the button: "Send to four axes" - system display message - Object ignored as non 4th axis object.
When I make an attempt to cut straight bevel on 3 axis, system respond with - "Engraving not released"
I also fail to unearth method of changing coordinat e system( Z tool approach) to the stock.
Any assistanc e with the matter will be highly appreciat ed. 
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 02:06:21 PM »

Hi:

Bevels cannot be machined. They remain impossibl e to do as of yet. They exist for simulatio n or 3d printing, but cannot be sent to the 4th axis module or the 2.5D module.

Art

Thanks, have fun,
Art
sharkipe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 02:17:21 PM »

Thank you for your quick reply. I was under  delusion that it's possible. Hopefully somewhere in future it will happen.

ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 02:32:04 PM »

Hi:

I do plan to, but likely as an engraving option on a raster type of sweep of some sort..

Art

Thanks, have fun,
Art
bruce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 02:09:01 PM »

Reading the thread on bevel discussio ns I was under the impressio n that the software was there. Now I guess
that's why I don't see it when I open Gearotic program.
Rats, that's what I wanted to do next. Oh well I guess I will have to find a different way to do that.

Bruce  Sad
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 02:50:14 PM »

Bruce:

Yeah, bevels can be hard. You can try it with the STL output, load it into somethign liek vectric and try an engraving,
I have seen it done that way, but its a slow way to cut.. I havent personall y made any..

Art

Thanks, have fun,
Art
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: